As the conference draws to a close we wanted to thank all of you that came along or followed the event online, and we wantnd to fill you in on what would be happening around the conference after the in-person part of Open Repositories 2012.
In the next few weeks we will be going through the over 4000 tweets and the fantastic photos, blog posts, presentations, conference materials and commentary that you have been producing throughout the conference and we’ll be summarising all that right here, linking to your blogs and reports, and highlighting where you can access all of the official conference content.
Here are eight ways to keep in touch:
- Fill in our survey – tell us what you liked, what we could have done better… we value all of your feedback on the event whether you were here in person or via reading our blogs, tweets, seeing videos etc: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OR_2012
- Stick with us on Twitter – we will continue sharing blog posts, updates, and conference-related new via the #or2012 tag and the @OpenRepos2012 account. And you should start following the new @ORConference Twitter account which will keep you in touch with Open Repositories throughout the year! Remember to reply, comment, retweet!
- Blog with us – we did our best to liveblog from the parallel strands but we would love to hear what you thought of these and other sessions – did you go to or run a fantastic workshop? Was there something increadibly useful from the user group you’d like to see shared more widely? We would love your contributions to the blog or to hear about where you’ve been writing up the event – just drop us an email or leave a comment here!
- Keep an eye on the OR2012 YouTube channel – you will find over 40 videos of the parallel sessions (excluding P1A unfortunately, our AV team have been unable to correct a corrupt file of that recording) there already and Pecha Kucha sessions will be appearing over the next few weeks.
- Share your pictures – if you haven’t already joined our Flickr group please do get in touch – we’d love to see more of your pictures of the event!
- Pin with us! – We have begun the process of gathering our favourite images and videos from OR2012 on Pinterest. We would love to add your highlights, your favourite parts of the event so do let us know what you’d like to see appear!
- Connect on CrowdVine! Now that you’ve had a chance to meet and chat it’s a great time to use the OR2012 CrowdVine to stay in touch, make further connection, discuss your thoughts on the event. For instance there’s already a great thread on “highlights and things you’ll take home“.
- And finally… Look out for emails about Open Repositories 2013. If you’ve let us know your email address via the feedback form we’ll be in touch. You can also join the Open Repositories Google Group and stay in touch that way. Or you can simply drop us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make sure we add you to our list for staying in touch.
We really enjoyed Open Repositories 2012 and really hope you did too!